New Reply  Post Thread 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

beer 

After exhausting all the suggested simple email fixes I could find online, I ended up at square one. Starting from scratch and educating myself on how to go about authenticating an email so it can be delivered. In the leaning process I became aware that I needed to add a couple of files to the site's DNS records and my problems would be cured. I also learned how much work would be involved getting everything installed and correctly configured and all the on going maintenance entailed in running a mail server, and said screw this!

I went with a 3rd party solution. For a monthly fee Gmail will take care of serving your mailing needs and nobody will know the difference. After two and a half days, it took me 30 minutes start to finish getting a working mail system in place. G! I should have started there in the first place but I didn't want to spend the money, and if I want to add a few accounts like "admin@deepsubjects.net" it's going to cost more, so I don't see that happening.

It's a conspiracy! This is the only conspiracy site that has a fully responsive liquid layout. It took a while to get it styled but it's pretty kool! If you are on a desktop or laptop and grab a browser border and start dragging it toward the other border scaling down the window width everything scales with it, way down there under 300px wide. So as it sits this theme should be usable on any width mobile device.

I got twitter tags working, maybe, doesn't seem to be working in the preview pane on the editor page, we'll see what happens when we publish this post. Never mind, I have to turn off my ad blocking for this site for the sound cloud and twitter embeds to work.

I got soundcloud tags working.

I got the sub and super script tags working.

H2O, CO2 PI r2, Lordyx2

So much for the to-do did, now on to the to-do, to-do.

I need to add the preceding tags to buttons on the text editor along with a spoiler button. Similies, I need a bs flags, and picard facepalm, orsen wells clapping gifs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.... Yeah I know they are immature but I got to have em. I don't know how to get them installed but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I also I want to add another major project and build a responsive dark theme. That's far from everything needing done around here, but what is listed should keep me busy for a while.

I got the user signature separator styled to my liking. Need to do it with text instead of an image.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire

I installed a thumb rating plugin which appears on every post. It didn't work out of the box because it was not compatible with my version of MyBB and its author was not maintaining it anymore. It took some doing but I got it working,,, sort of, it's supposed to use ajax to increment numbers but in my case when you click on a up or down thumb the whole page reloads. Something else to fix when I get a round tuit.

Also made a mycode to highlight tagged text using [mark] highlighted text [/mark] tags.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
New Reply  Post Thread