New Reply  Post Thread 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Image: The-enemy-is-fear.-We-think-it-is-hate-b...-fear..jpg]

Gandhi coined the term Satyagraha, or truth-force, which means to insist on the truth. The heart and soul of Satyagraha is resistance to any form of wrong-doing or unfreedom, and ranges from non-co-operation to civil disobedience – bound only by the limits set by non-violence.

First, you have to find your truth.

Then you have to stand by it.

And be willing to stand up for it.

One guy who showed no fear in standing up for his truth is Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who neither knelt nor wore a Black Lives Matter shirt, instead standing for the anthem while wearing his jersey. He said:

"I believe that Black Lives Matter. A lot went into my decision, and part of it is, I thought that kneeling or wearing the Black Lives Matter t-shirt doesn’t go hand-in-hand with supporting Black lives. So I felt like, just me personally, what I believe is taking on a stance that, I do believe that Black lives matter, but I just felt like it was a decision that I had to make, and I didn’t feel like, putting that shirt on and kneeling, went hand in hand with supporting Black lives. I believe that for myself, my life has been supported by gospel, Jesus Christ, and everyone is made in the image of God and that we all forge through God’s glory.

"I think when you look around, racism isn’t the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world, and I think coming together on that message that we want to get past not only racism but everything that plagues as us as a society, I feel like the answer to that is gospel."

Isaac’s jersey sales have since skyrocketed all the way to second in ‘most jerseys sold in the entire NBA’, behind only Los Angeles Lakers superstar and NBA poster boy LeBron James.

He seen the limitations imposed on and passed on through herd mentality and was brave enough to break away from the herd.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
New Reply  Post Thread